Monday, January 3, 2011

Our Christmas(es) Part 1

We had such a great Christmas this year!  It was busy, but we were definitely reminded of how blessed we are and how loved we are by our family.  This year, Greyson is at such a fun age so it was such a great time opening gifts, baking cookies, and just enjoying one another.  This year we headed up to CA to visit my family for actual Christmas, so we faked Christmas morning down here in AZ a couple of days early.  Here are some shots of our Christmas and then I will post another one of our trip to CA.

One of my favorite memories of Christmas growing up was baking treats with my sister and mom.  We always made so much yummy stuff to take to neighbors and parties.  I wanted to continue that tradition with our family, even though Greyson is still young.  Here are some shots of that fun few minutes that his attention held.  We did make an entire batch of Magic Cookies together and he LOVED eating the chocolate chips (duh!)




 Helping me wrap gifts....Well, maybe not really HELPING...

 We worked it out with Santa that he would come on the night of Tuesday the 21st so we could have Christmas morning on the 22nd at our house.  He was happy to check one house off his list early, and Greyson was not disappointed!  Here he is with his stocking...

 And the amazing photo that he actually let me pose him for.  I couldn't believe it!

 Playing with his new cars:


I am so proud of this, I might just make another post all about the car play mat so you can see it better :)  I sewed this for Greyson's cars and it has a house for each of our family members so he can drive to Grandma's house, etc.  I have since put pictures in all of the houses so he can see everyone's faces.  It was a ton of work, but I love it.  And most importantly, so does Greyson!


Greyson also loves his cute rocking moose!  Thanks "super elf" for putting it together!

All in all, we had a great time as just our little family.  It was so much fun this year.  The next day we piled in the car and made the 12-hour trek to Modesto.  More to come...

3 comments:

  1. The mat is amazing!!! And my favorite is his green boots! Where did you get those? Or where did Santa get those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you serious?!?!? you need to sell those mats and make a fortune! brilliant and creative. not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christin- Santa got the monster slippers at the Carter's outlet in Anthem the weekend we went to Flag. They were more than we should have paid, but really, they are priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete