Saturday, January 8, 2011

Operation Binks Removal: Night 2

Well, this morning started off EARLY.  And cranky.  He has been waking up at 4:00 or so, and we've just been giving him binks and laying him back down.  Well, this morning he woke up at 4:30 and, of course, we didn't have a binks to give to him.  He SCREAMED, again, for an hour.  Finally at 5:30 we were both about to do something insane, so we let him get up.  (You thought I was going to say we let him have binks, didn't you?)  We stayed strong.  But he didn't want to come to bed with us or watch tv or anything.  He just wandered around crying, looking for binks.  We both went out and laid on the couches and put tv on in the dark, hoping to get a few extra winks before the sun came up.  I found one of the broken binks and he finally calmed down when I let him carry it around.  That's all he wanted was to hold it.  But, it was up, down, happy, sad, snack, milk, poke in the eyes, up, down, etc etc so while Dan slept soundly on the couch I dealt with the boy.  :)

Anyway, nap time went ok.  I only let Greyson scream for about 5-10 minutes before I went in and rocked him again.  He went right to sleep, binks in hand.  Seriously, its the sweetest thing.

Same thing tonight at bed time.  No crying.  At. All.  I just rocked him and he went right to sleep even before seahorse stopped singing.  Binks in hand.

My thought at this point is that if I can get him to fall asleep without binks, even if that means rocking him, we can wean the rocking off a little later.  Everything in stages, people, everything in stages.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Mama DeZago! Way to stick to your guns. And I fully support rockin' them to sleep. Pretty soon they'll be too big (or in Brielle's case, too old) to do that, and we'll wish we did it more!

    ReplyDelete