Thursday, July 29, 2010

Naps and Bottles and Binks, Oh My!

Well, since we now have a 1-year-old in our house, we have begun making some of the changes in routine that you are "supposed" to do at this point.  First up was the bottle.  I was READY for this change!  The week before Greyson's birthday, we started switching him to cow's milk slowly from formula, and he transitioned great.  No stomach issues at all.  Then we started slowly replacing bottles with sippie cups and snacks or meals.  Gradually, over the last two weeks he has slowly reduced down to just his bedtime bottle!  I am soooo glad we are done buying formula and almost done washing those stinkin' bottles!  I know the bedtime one is going to be a bit of a stretch, just because it is definitely his routine.  But, he is slowing down on how much he even wants to drink of it, so I am hoping he will just transition himself off of it pretty soon.

Next up is naps.  I am NOT ready for this one, and I have to admit I didn't think it would come this soon!  We are definitely in a nap transition time right now.  Some days he gets up late and isn't ready for a nap until 10 or 11.  Those days he definitely doesn't need an afternoon nap.  Other days he gets up really early and needs a nap by 9:30 or so.  Then by 3, I am ready for him to lay down again, but he doesn't seem to want to!  So, I can foresee a once-a-day napper in our near future.  Ugh.  I know, I know, its bound to happen sometime.

Third is the pacifier, or as we have dubbed it, "binks."  Don't ask me, it just stuck.  Before Greyson was born, I was one of those "My kids will never use a pacifier!" people.  But then Greyson had colic.  And eventually we came to where we are now:  the kid won't go to sleep without it.  Double Ugh.  We haven't tackled this battle yet, but it is coming soon.  Not sure yet how to do it or when, but I don't want to wait too long.  Sigh...we shall just see, I guess.

Also, I forgot to post this before.  We took a 3 generation Yankee photo when Greyson was a newborn, so we did another one for his b-day.  I can't seem to find the one from last year (its on Dan's computer), so here's the one from last week.  So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment